HOUSING AND WELFARE OF HIGH PRODUCTION DAIRY COWS IN INTENSIVE BREEDING CONDITIONS

Petrovska, Biljana and Petrovska, Natasa and Gacovski, Zivko and Cilev, Goce and Uzunova, Krasimira and Pacinovski, Nikola and Colakovic, Jelena (2018) HOUSING AND WELFARE OF HIGH PRODUCTION DAIRY COWS IN INTENSIVE BREEDING CONDITIONS. International scientific on-line Journal SCIENCE-TEHNOLOGIES, 8 (5). pp. 58-63.

Full text not available from this repository.

Abstract

Today more attention is paid on the housing and welfare of animals especially on high dairy cows. The purpose of this research is to make a comparative analysis of housing and welfare of high dairy cows in intensive breeding conditions. The research was conducted in 10 bovine farms of Holstein friesian breed in the territory of Pelagonia in Bitola, Republic of Macedonia. The research involves a total of 567 heads made up of 356 dairy cows, 123 heifers and 88 calves. At 40% of the farms the average daily temperature was within the optimal temperature range, while in the remaining 60% the temperature was above the allowed maximum. In all the farms the relative humidity was within the allowed range. Only 40% of the farms had ventilation system. The dimensions of the feeding hallway were optimal for all farms, the dimensions of the stabels were compliant with standard in 90% of the farms. The remaining 10% that were smaller than the allowed minimum. The dimensions of the channels for fertilization were according to the standard in 70% of the farms. The dimensions of the corridors for manipulation are compliant with the standards in 50% of farms. The height of the ceiling as optimal in 40% of the farms. The length of the bearings as agreeable to the standards in 100% of the farms, while the width was according to the standard in 70% of the farms. The microclimate and the zoohygienic indicators on the welfare of high dairy cows in intensive breeding conditions were met in only 30% of the farms. Keywords: High production dairy cows, housing, welfare, microclimate indicators, zoohygienic indicators

Item Type: Article
Subjects: Scientific Fields (Frascati) > Agricultural Sciences > Veterinary science
Divisions: Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Depositing User: Mr Aleksandar Lozanovski
Date Deposited: 18 Jun 2021 13:10
Last Modified: 18 Jun 2021 13:10
URI: http://eprints.uklo.edu.mk/id/eprint/6409

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item