STABILIZATION OF TOBACCO PRODUCTION IN R. MACEDONIA

Pasovska, Silvana (2016) STABILIZATION OF TOBACCO PRODUCTION IN R. MACEDONIA. Tobacco, 66 (1-6). pp. 48-52. ISSN 0494-3244

Full text not available from this repository.

Abstract

Tobacco is major agricultural product in many countries in the world. Depending on climate conditions, it is either exceptionally popular or marginally represented. At world level, the annual tobacco production ranges from 6.500.000 to 7.000.000 t. Within this range is the final production of cigarettes which, by acceptance of the American blend, becomes more and more globalized.Trade with raw tobacco in the world is fairly stable, with a balance between supply and demand. The market is traditional and in most cases perfectly defined. Over 95% of tobacco production is spent on cigarette production and the remaining 5% on other tobacco products. Macedonia has stabilized its tobacco production at approximately 25.000-30.000 tons, with a tendency to improve the quality as much as possible.Macedonia is a country with its own strategy and it will not accept to reduce tobacco production, because replacement of tobacco with another crop will not provide existence to tobacco growers, having in mind the climate conditions and the economic impact. In regions where tobacco is grown, climate and soil conditions are unfavorable for other crops. Regarding the economic impact, production of a new crop will be accepted only if it is profitable replacement for tobacco that will provide existence to growers, which is hardly believable.

Item Type: Article
Subjects: Scientific Fields (Frascati) > Agricultural Sciences > Agriculture, forestry and fisheries
Scientific Fields (Frascati) > Social Sciences > Economics and Business
Divisions: Scientific Tobacco Institute
Depositing User: Ms Biljana Jordanoska
Date Deposited: 19 Oct 2018 10:37
Last Modified: 19 Oct 2018 10:37
URI: http://eprints.uklo.edu.mk/id/eprint/1397

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item